Have you been injured? If you are unsure whether you need a personal injury attorney, please call Banks, Stubbs & McFarland LLP for a free consultation.
Being involved in a serious accident that results in injuries can be a traumatic experience and, in some cases, an event that results in a large value of both economic and noneconomic losses. While nothing can undo what has happened and truly right the wrong you have suffered, working with a skilled personal injury lawyer may be critical in recovering the monetary settlement you deserve. To learn more, please call the law firm of Banks, Stubbs & McFarland LLP directly today for your free consultation.
What are the Advantages of Working With a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Are you on the fence about whether or not you need an attorney? Consider these major advantages of working with a personal injury lawyer:
- An attorney has resources to investigate and build your claim. One of the most important reasons to work with an attorney after being injured is that an attorney will have the necessary resources to investigate and build your claim. For example, an attorney can hire accident reconstruction experts to investigate your case and contribute to a determination about liability, as well as a full staff who can organize and preserve evidence in your case.
- An attorney knows the law and the claims process. Personal injury laws can be confusing, and you may not have a solid understanding of terms like liability and negligence, or what your rights are or how to prove fault, or what the timeline is for filing a claim, etc. An attorney knows the law and has years of experience handling cases like yours.
- The job of an attorney is to advocate for you. If you have been seriously injured, it will be a major comfort to know that you have an attorney on your side who will aggressively advocate for you and your best interests throughout the claims process. Your attorney will seek to get the maximum settlement possible and know when a settlement offer has been lowballed.
- An attorney can handle your case so you can focus on your recovery. When dealing with physical, emotional, and financial losses, navigating the personal injury claims process may be overwhelming. When you hire an attorney, your attorney can focus on your case while you focus on your recovery and achieving the same quality of life that you had before the crash.
- An attorney works on a contingency fee basis, so you have nothing to lose. One advantage of working with a personal injury attorney is that you will not have to pay for any fees out of pocket; instead, an attorney works on a contingent-fee basis, which means that they do not get paid unless you do. If your case is successful, you will pay the attorney a percentage of your winnings; if your case is not successful and you do not recover a settlement, you will not owe the attorney anything.
Call Banks, Stubbs & McFarland LLP Today
If you have been seriously injured, our personal injury attorneys at Banks’ law firm, Stubbs & McFarland LLP, are here to help. Please call our law firm today for your free, no-obligation consultation with our experienced personal injury lawyers.